Repair Cafe: Repurposing Old Phones/Tablets
Join the Library Sustainability Committee’s Repair Cafe Team for a night of workshopping and repurposing! Grab your discarded electronics and give them a second life as we guide you through turning your tablet into a Magic Mirror smart display. If that isn’t what you’re looking for, or you don’t have a tablet, we also have simple ways to reuse other electronics, like those old phones gathering dust in your drawer. We can help you turn them into security cameras, dashcams, WiFi repeaters, and more.
Materials needed for Magic Mirror*
- Privacy foil
- Picture frame (with sufficient depth)
- Black paper or cardboard
- Safari + MagicMirror2 - Alternatives: Mangomirror (works via web browser) https://mangodisplay.com/pricing/
- Android apps also available https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ineptech.magicmirror
Total anticipated cost: approx. $20 for foil, picture frame and cardboard
If you have any questions, email Nicole Doro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)